FHWA/ARRA Earth Day Webinar Now Available
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Posted by: Kristi Olson
Webinar Now Available: “Putting EARTH DAY Into Practice On Our Nation's Roads and Highways"
With presentations by:
- Matthew Corrigan, FHWA Asphalt Program Lead - Recycled Materials Policy/FHWA Tech Brief on Cold Recycling
- Dai Bui, Los Angeles County Roads - Sustainable Pavement Approach for LA County Roads
- Richard Steger, Ingevity - Cold Central Plant Recycling Trial for New Mexico DOT
- Ben Bowers, Virginia Transportation Research Council - Update on NCHRP 9-62
- Dan Schellhammer, Midstate Reclamation & Trucking - Industry Perspective
This webinar, put on by FHWA with support of ARRA, runs approximately 90 minutes and is available at: https://connectdot.connectsolutions.com/p1iviu23thsh/.
The webinar responses shows the motivation for cold recycling and how more agencies can use this technology to be more cost effective and sustainable. The webinar also addressed participant questions about cold recycling and the need for processes that optimize the value of in-place materials while minimizing traffic congestion and the environmental impact of paving operations.
There are now AASHTO standard specifications for mix design procedures for emulsion cold in-place recycling and cold central plant recycling. Further mix design procedures for full depth recycling will be submitted this summer. The National Center for Asphalt Technology is working on foam asphalt and should be out in the near future.